Coronavirus – Keeping everyone safe
Please note that Rural Links activity groups are suspended until it is safe for us to meet again in groups. This is to reduce risks for all. Existing members of any groups can call 01275 333700 to register for updates relating to a specific group.
The Village Agents of WERN
are available in rural parishes of B&NES and North Somerset
- Launched in 2010 as a pilot project to reduce isolation for people living in rural areas
- Originally a signposting service for those without access to information and support services, it has grown into a person centred approach for anyone over 19 years old
- We offer a confidential service that supports individuals to create their own package of solutions
- Our aim is to add more choice, comfort and confidence for independent living
- We work with a wide range of statutory service providers, charities and companies who will provide a high level of professional support and care
- Now working in North Somerset as part of the Community Connect service for people over 50 years old
- Our parent organisation is a charity: the West of England Rural Network
WERN Village Agents
cover a cluster of rural parishes. Contact your local Village Agent on their mobile number listed or call the relevant office number below.
We have identified parishes rather than villages so please do contact us if you are not sure which area you fall within.
Bath and North East Somerset Village Agents office number is 01275 333700
Julie Bragg 07827 526695 email email@example.com Bishop Sutton & Stowey, Chew Stoke, Chew Magna, Stanton Drew, Stanton Wick, Norton Malreward, North Wick.
Vacancy for Chelwood, Compton Dando, Corston, Farmborough, Hallatrow, High Littleton, Farrington Gurney, Marksbury, Publow and Pensford, Timsbury. If you live in these villages contact 01275 333700 and we will arrange a home visit
Alyson Akroyd 07825 199372 email firstname.lastname@example.org Cameley, Clutton, Coley, Compton Martin, East Harptree, West Harptree, Hinton Blewett, Nempnett Thrubwell, Ubley.
Alison Farrar is now supporting the Rural Links project and can be contacted on email@example.com
North Somerset Village Agents work within North Somerset Council’s Community Connect Service and can be contacted on mobile numbers below or through the main office on 01275 888803. This service is provided in partnership with Curo
Lyndsay Newman 07967 345559 email firstname.lastname@example.org Barrow Gurney, Blagdon, Burrington, Butcombe, Dundry, Flax Bourton, Winford
Tina Huckle-Mills (pictured centre) 07967 345922 email email@example.com Brockley, Churchill & Langford, Cleve, Wrington
Bill Wallace Sarah Friend Sue Badger
Bill Wallace 07967 344766 email firstname.lastname@example.org Congresbury, Kewstoke, Puxton, Sandford, Wick St Lawrence
Sarah Friend 07422 078548 email email@example.com Abbots Leigh, Clapton in Gordano, Kenn, Kingston Seymour, Portbury, Tickenham, Walton in Gordano, Weston in Gordano, Wraxall & Failand.
Sue Badger 07974 983042 email firstname.lastname@example.org Banwell, Bleadon, Hutton, Loxton, Winscombe.